Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Start Up Solo Law Firm Needs Cash

Today's headline comes straight from one of the borrowers to whom I have loaned. 

There are numerous reasons for a borrower to use Prosper.com.  Some refinance existing debt.  Some would simply rather owe the money to real, live human beings instead of a faceless corporation.  Others need capital for a business, whether a start-up or an existing business.  I saw a church get a loan for about 11% to complete the purchase of a building.  Still others with excellent credit actually get low interest loans and re-loan the money to other Prosper borrowers.

No matter what the purpose of the loan I find it exciting that the payments are now coming in.  So far I have had 1 borrower completely pay off his auto loan in a few days.  I assume that he refinanced at a lower rate once he got the loan through Prosper.  In addition, I have received 5 payments on time and currently there are 8 more payments being processed.  I have also received one very early payment from a Kiva.org borrower and not one borrower is late.

This seems like a really good time to do some good and make a good return.


Click here or on the title of this post to explore loan possibilities (as a lender or a borrower) at Prosper.com.

No comments: